This protein rich banana bread is moist, delicious and naturally gluten free.
If you want to ensure the tastiest banana bread, I highly recommend using ripe bananas. The ones that are yellow with brown speckles are much sweeter and will guarantee more flavor. Or if you’ve really forgotten about your banana stash and they are almost black, well then, they are overripe, well-done and even better to use.
Personally, I don’t like to eat ripe bananas so fortunately they go straight into this super easy protein-rich banana bread. It works great for breakfast, perfect before a workout or as a snack during the day.
- You can replace coconut oil with nut butter or tahini.
- Keep bread slices in the freezer and pop them into a toaster for those busy mornings or hangry toddlers.
- 4,5, or 6 eggs works – you decide how protein rich you would like to go.
- You can add 1/4 cup of raisins for more sweetness.
- Medjool dates work best but you can also use other varieties.
- 3 bananas
- 8 pitted Medjool dates
- 4 – 6 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- juice of ½ a lemon
- 10ml cinnamon
- ½ cup coconut flour, sifted
- 5ml bicarbonate of soda
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- pinch of salt
Let’s get started:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Grease and line your bread tin.
- Blend the bananas, dates, eggs and coconut oil together until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared bread tin.
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Serve in slices with lashings of your favorite nut butter.
Tried this recipe? Please share your experience, variations or results in the comments below!