I’m obsessed with both smoothies and fresh juices, it’s such a brilliant way to take in a lot of nutrients. I find that drinking a big glass of goodness first thing in the morning does wonders for my energy and overall health. My go-to green smoothie is guaranteed to give you a boost of vitamins and minerals so you’ll feel better than ever, ready to tackle the day!
- Makes one large glass.
- This is a basic green smoothie, but you can play around & add in mint, spirulina, kale, fennel, broccoli or any greens you desire.
- For a little sweeter taste, add some banana or replace the avocado with banana.
- 1 cucumber
- 3 apples
- 2 celery sticks
- Knob of ginger
- ½ avocado
- 2 Handful of spinach leaves
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 TBS chia seeds
- Ice cubes (optional)
Let’s get started:
- Put the cucumber, apples, celery and ginger through a juicer and collect the juice.
- Put the juice into a blender with the flesh of the avocado, spinach, lemon juice, chia seeds and some ice.
- Blend at high speed until perfectly smooth.
Tried this recipe? Please share your experience, variations or results in the comments below!