If you’re in the mood for a chewy bite that doubles as a phenomenally healthy snack, look no further than my raw walnut and goji berry cookies.
More often than not the simplest foods are also the healthiest and this is certainly the case with nuts. Mother Nature has crafted a nearly perfect package of protein, healthy fats and fiber into these small wonders.
With only a few ingredients, you can create these irresistible no-bake cookies in just 20 minutes. These are the perfect treat and can be easily adapted with raisins or cranberries instead of goji berries.
- 1 cup oats
- 5ml cinnamon
- ¼ t salt
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 45ml coconut oil
- 45ml goji berries
- ½ cup sunflower and/or pumpkin seeds, chopped
Let’s get started:
- Combine oats, cinnamon and salt in a food processor and process very well.
- Remove and set aside.
- Next, add walnuts and process into a meal.
- Add the dates and coconut oil and process until it becomes dough like.
- Add oats mixture and process very well until everything is combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and stir in the goji berries.
- Take one heaped tablespoon of mixture in your hands and shape into +-twenty cookies.
- Spread chopped seeds onto a clean surface or big plate.
- Press the cookies into the chopped seeds so that they are completely covered in seeds.
- Chill the cookies in the freezer for a chewier texture or in the refrigerator for a softer cookie.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator or freezer.
Tried this recipe? Please share your experience, variations or results in the comments below!