This is a great all-purpose blend sprinkled on salads, rice and beans for an added kick of flavor. The nutritional yeast gives it a lovely cheese flavor which is a great alternative if you are lactose intolerant. You can also try other spice combinations depending on your preference.
- Nutritional yeast has a similar flavor profile than cheese – especially parmesan.
- Sprinkle on salads, soups or grains. Delicious as a topping on scramble eggs.
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup sesame seeds (mixture of black and white looks beautiful)
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 5ml – 10 ml chili powder
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- ½ t salt
Let’s get started:
- To toast the seeds, bring a frying pan to medium heat. Add the pumpkin seeds and sesame seeds.
- Toss gently until the seeds begin to pop and become more aromatic.
- Add the rest of the seasoning and continue toasting for 2 – 3 minutes over low heat.
- Allow the mixture to cool and store it in a sealed container or glass jar.
Tried this recipe? Please share your experience, variations or results in the comments below!